Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Little blue boxes and the astronauts who responded.

I was waiting for a message on facebook's messenger and there was a notification showing an unread conversation somewhere deep down that kept annoying me because who uses messenger nowadays but sometimes you have to talk to strangers who might be willing to help you and facebook is the new LinkedIn. 

Somehow I kept scrolling down, saw a name I didn't recognize and opened up a long conversation with someone who'd accidently stumbled onto my blog from 'every tree is a burning bush' and then we had discussed medical school and dentistry and Conrad Fischer and whatnot. 

Reading back the entire conversation was a huge wave of nostalgia. Somewhere on the interwebs, we had connected, albeit from two opposite sides of the world, united by a few random common things. I wonder how they're doing now. I wonder if they'll respond to the surprise in their inbox. Hah.

Because that's what life is. Full of surprises. Like the surprise we got a couple of days ago when our landlord showed up out of nowhere (well, Canada) and said he wanted to move back in. So now we have two months to find a decent place which is like Askari 11 but isn't as far from the possibly new work place that possibly won't kill me if they find out who I am like they killed this bank manager today. 

Which brings us to how Biden is almost certainly the lesser evil but... yeah that's about all I know about politics. We might be driving to Karachi in a day or two because begum insists she has to go there and we have to fix the fact that I haven't seen the city she was born in. Okay fine, she doesn't say that, she's just happy I'm writing about her in my blog. Hazu's hitting me for attention. I'm guessing she wants to be on my blog too. 

The big exam happened like I was dreading it would. The result is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. I'm enjoying time off from the clinic, it was getting a little too stuffy for my liking. I'm working on my express entry profile, if only my new facebook friend would hurry up and tell me which boxes to tick we can pack up and leave this madness for a more orderly one. Till then, one can but pray.

No comments:

To hurrying slowly.

Talks with Mamoo scare me. During the latest, he argued that all religion is basically man made, prophets were just great philosophers and t...