6:40 am.
A and H are asleep. They won't wake up till 9. I've been going running at this time for the past two days now so today I'm all sore and thinking of making Sunday my break day. Or do something else. Driving a manual with a stiffer clutch than I'm used to and being very careful with it in Lahore traffic is making my left ankle hurt.
I have a lot to think about. I need to figure out the government seat. I need to figure out possible private seats. I need to figure out private practice. Private practice involves expanding my areas of expertise to those that ordinary dentists are afraid of. It's all a fear game, basically.
It also involves taking my competencies along with the equipment and environment that I've become used to and wrapping it all up in a bubble that I can take with me wherever I plan to work for a couple of hours and then put everything back in the bubble and be ready for the next case.
I've got ideas lined up in my head for alternative streams but they've been getting sidelined because of everything else for far too long. Eventually, somebody will end up doing them before me. That's the second take away point. The early bird gets the worm.
I've been thinking about competencies and skill sets and how people as professionals can be so much more high functioning than their peers. Even GM for example. The ability to recognize, explain, plan and execute from multiple streams of information and to do so while safeguarding the patient's interests and your own, to name just the basic things, not something up everybody's sleeve.
My digestive system says post what you've got and don't drag it out.
I'm happy I got the car. I feel free. I feel content. I feel more in tune with myself than I've been in a long time. I'm happy I'm finally free from specialization (at least for now). I'm happy I have a good place to work and one and a half friends to talk to when my head gets really messed up.
I'm happy to have known you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment