Thursday, August 24, 2023

O Fortuna

https://youtu.be/KdIhq1tb8Co?si=FHZrV6M9E8PLl5JG

Crying over this in the bus. 

I made a friend at work. A hygienist. We'll call her P. She's Korean but has lived here all her life. She's also a couple of years younger than me but I if doesn't feel like it somehow. So here in the office, word gets around, right? Like if I'm talking to one person about something, it'll be common knowledge in the office after a few hours. I suppose that's just something when someone new comes in. Anyways, she's asking me about my commute to and from work each day and then says, come with me today when we get off from work. There's a train station right next to my apartment. I say okay!

So then I was introduced to the GO train. I'd only been taking the bus before because that was easier for me to figure out. So now, three days a week when our schedule matches, she gives me a ride to the station and I end up saving an hour. I met her boyfriend and dog one day too when we missed the first train. The dog is huge and kept coming at me but apparently she liked me too much and wanted me to play with her. And they know she's huge and not too good with people so they're sending her off to dog school for a few months. Imagine that! 

P's off this week though so I'm roughing it. The hunt for a good car has lost steam and now I'm praying that something falls into my lap magically. I said the same to Maa and she's like dua should be thing you go to first and not your last resort. I don't know if I agree with that completely but it certainly hit a point. 

The dentist I work with is also nice. He'll always be telling stories to patients about his travels and ex-wife and new wife and step children and own children. He's in his mid-fifties but he's extremely sharp. Yesterday, he asked me why I was giving him a particular instrument instead of another and I told him the person who'd trained me here had told me he preferred that one. The patient picked up on it and said oh you've got a new guy here. And the doctor is like, new? Naaah. It feels like Sajeel's been here for years. I liked that. He gave me a brand new figs top too which he said was too small for him but it's too big on me too. 

It's been raining here for two days straight now. Not too much but that means I've bought an umbrella and it's with me all the time now. Today I'm a little scared about the future but I'm surviving. A skunk and I crossed paths yesterday. We're learning to be nicer to people. And so, life goes on. 

No comments:

To hurrying slowly.

Talks with Mamoo scare me. During the latest, he argued that all religion is basically man made, prophets were just great philosophers and t...