Tuesday, May 13, 2025

Next steps.

April 

Three out of the six of us who gave the exam together passed. One of us three got accepted into university and now it's just two of us from the original batch signed up for the next exam in September, the trickiest one yet, 8 hours long on the first day and 5 hours on the second. Since passing the last exam, it has been a real rollercoaster. Figuring out what and how to start preparing, making countless mistakes along the way. Four months till the exam now and I'm biding adieu to one institute and joining another for the final phase. You do find lots of people in the same boat everywhere though, so it's not as lonesome an endeavor as it used to be.  

Tax season is always stressful, more so when you're also self employed and there's a deadline approaching fast. I still don't know how exactly things are going to pan out so there's lots of uncertainty there as well. 

May

Sometimes I feel like I'm always prioritizing one thing above all others and in the process neglecting everything else. I'll be 34 in July and yet somehow the priority is still finding solid ground for my career to take off. I became a dentist when I was 24 years old. Take out 4 for specialization, take out 2 more for general dentistry residency, 2 more for covid and now 3 more for Canada. Before I turn 35, the aim is to be licensed and hopefully be done with studying for exams altogether. Thankfully, I still look 10 years younger than my age. 

It's back to the library these days for studying situational judgement hence the opportunity to finally hit publish. Organization is key, you know? There are so many things I want to try and then include them in my routine but how do you even have a routine with two kids and working and studying for (yet again) one of the toughest exams in your life? 

One of them is getting a dog!

No comments:

To hurrying slowly.

Talks with Mamoo scare me. During the latest, he argued that all religion is basically man made, prophets were just great philosophers and t...