Friday, August 8, 2025

Exam woes (do these ever stop)



I did a mock yesterday and I'm hoping to do a mock every other day now for all of August. The 8 hours don't seem so tiring anymore as in you can get the work finished in time, however you're still extremely tired afterwards, which is strange because I've easily worked longer than this in real life but it's just the pressure of finishing in time and getting every minute detail exactly right that does it I guess.

I came to this library near prep to sit down and study for the situational judgement exam and boy, our library near the lake is so much better. It has these huge windows overlooking the park and this one is just so blegh.

When I'm doing the mocks, I'll be trying out various ways or like change up the sequence in which I do things a little and when I'm thinking about it, I'll be like great idea dude, you're so smart, this is gonna be amazing and save you so much time and effort and then I'll get to the point further down the road when I'll be like, shoot, my original way was so much better and oh so this is why I did it the way I did it. Guess the purpose here is to find out what doesn't work as much as what does.

I really hope I don't have to go through this again. AFK was the toughest as in there was so much to cram and so many principles to keep fresh in your mind. ACJ was a little fun, a little less cramming and more like practical diagnostic knowledge so it's useful down the road. With Skills now it's a different story. It's precision down to the tenth of a millimeter, I kid you not. The margin on a crown has to be exactly 1.2mm for the shoulder and just under a mm for the chamfer. The joint between tooth and the restoration you did has to be seamless. Undetectable. Flush. All around the interface. One click of excess with an explorer and you're gone. It's kind of ridiculous the standard they make us adhere to, seeing as their own graduates don't have to sit any sort of practical exam, let alone this one. I'm also a hundred percent confident that their graduates couldn't handle it at all.

I was curious and clicked the sparkly button on the side and now there are google links in this post and I have no idea how to get rid of them. I do but I can't really be bothered.

Guess I should start situational judgementing then. Ciao.

2 comments:

TR said...

what sparkly button. need to find it.

SaJ said...

Haha not sparkly as in color, I meant the sparkle next to the pen like an edit button. Next to the main text boxx

To hurrying slowly.

Talks with Mamoo scare me. During the latest, he argued that all religion is basically man made, prophets were just great philosophers and t...