Friday, June 18, 2021

Something to do with magnets.

I realized I wasn't all bled out yet so I came back for the June post. There are no certainties in life after all. Tempus fugit! Seize the day!

I was driving back from work today, hand on the gear shift, when I suddenly felt like my arm was disconnected from my body. I liked that feeling. I found new-found appreciation for my arm in that moment. I felt like I had escaped from my own self and was looking in from the outside. An out of body experience? I want more of those. 

At work, when I don't have patients I've started collecting answers to these random questions that I somehow never had time to find the answers to before. One of the assistants told me about her diabetic mother who had blood sugar levels in the 400s and had recently given up insulin to have a 21day 'dum' therapy. Another wanted to talk to me about her sister's mother-in-law who's a nurse in a good hospital here and had sudden kidney failure and nobody could figure out why. I let her talk about it, with the appropriate fillers. I'm not sure why she picked me. She said it was because I was from Surgery. I blinked and said, of course. Knowing what to do and what not to do are equally important. 

We've been waiting for our train for the past six months now. The draws refuse to happen until they've vaccinated everyone and secured their borders. We don't even have tickets yet, but we're all packed up and ready to go since December. Life's at a standstill yet moving far too fast for our liking. Where did half the year go? Time's running out for a lot of people. We're scared of the unknown, yet cling to the hopes we've associated with it. Maybe it's all just in our heads. Neurons firing like crazy and shorting themselves out, taking us along on this crazy ride, calm down. Push some diazepam. Why should there be silence when revelation is the need of the hour, now and forever. No, a rock won't do. A concept so elusive you just can't wrap your head around it. Turtles all the way down. 

No comments:

To hurrying slowly.

Talks with Mamoo scare me. During the latest, he argued that all religion is basically man made, prophets were just great philosophers and t...