Hazu's bedtime routine starts somewhere around 9 and we usually aim, nay beg the powers that be to let her fall asleep swiftly but an hour or two usually passes before that miracle happens. On days that I'm tired, which are most, I usually fall asleep before she does because we've ascertained that the best way to make her fall asleep is to pretend that we have, after going through the ritual of all the sheep, duck and dinosaur stories that she wants to hear from us.
So the early night for me becomes more of a challenge when I wake up a couple of hours later, dead of the night, confined to our room and in the dark. Thankfully, I had both the rings of power and the house of dragons to watch so that's a couple of hours. Supplication is most dear but tough when one does not feel either at peace or extremely disturbed so only a matter of minutes. What I crave though, is a dimly lit room and a library with a cup of tea, a writing desk and a scroll of parchment, welcoming dawn and witnessing another day's birth, ushered in by the sound of dew on the grass and the gentle opening of a flower's petals.
What I really wish for though is to sleep less and dream more.
No comments:
Post a Comment