Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Frantic Human

The past month's been a whirlwind. Things started falling into place and we began putting together the pieces one by one. As of now, we have our documents ready and our flights booked. We're packing our bags (and our lives) and getting ready to say our goodbyes. Some goodbyes will be harder than others. 

SIN, driving licenses, cell phone service (oh wow, we call it cell phone now), bank account, health care, accommodation, transport and job. Everybody has an opinion and their way of doing things. But who do you follow? Making your own way is slower. Having a benchmark is important. I don't think I'm making any sense here. I guess time will tell. 

The past month's also been a rollercoaster. Should we be happy that we finally got what we'd been trying for the past two years? Or should we listen to the voices of doom telling us how life there is so much tougher than what we're used to? How getting distracted from the dentistry path is very much likely? How our circumstances will stay borderline at best for the next couple of years? 

I try and channel the power of positivity but suddenly there are a lot of nay-sayers around. Maybe they're just trying to lower expectations and prepare us for what's to come but come on guys. It's a miracle I managed to pull this all off, all by myself, no? Cut me some slack. Let me breathe for a while. 

This wasn't supposed to be a rant but I wish we didn't know anyone where we're going to. Rant over. 

Steel your nerves. I find I've been doing that a lot lately. Whenever I'm at my wits end or just need to power through something. I take a deep breath, somehow challenge some unknown will power through my nerves and press the override button on my brain. Hah. Such is life. 

What I'm looking forward to? Fresh air. Organized lives. And Nature. 

1 comment:

TR said...

It's going to be great! Especially since you'll all be together and it won't be just you alone. Life can be both easy and tough anywhere in the world and the challenges always make for a good story. Don't forget to draw (strong) boundaries with people you may or may not know – I feel like you don't owe anyone anything and it's nice to have it that way. Lots of prayers and excited to hear stories from the other side 🍀

To hurrying slowly.

Talks with Mamoo scare me. During the latest, he argued that all religion is basically man made, prophets were just great philosophers and t...