Tuesday, November 5, 2024

Ad astra per aspera.

I'm listening to Baby by Justin Bieber. It's the summer of 69. Life was good. I'd just moved to Lahore. The internet was fairly new. Tweeting and blogging were the hot things. Nokia made the best phones. I'd be catching the bus to college. Barely had any money to buy lunch. All I had was grit. And the desire to be better.

I have a project about collecting old memories as soon as I'm done with this exam. I have the key to unlocking them now and I'd like to make full use of it. 

*

I've been studying in the library at Port Credit and it's a beautiful place. I have an interview for a surgery program in a week that I'm not really sure if I want or not but I am planning to go give the interview anyway just to not have any regrets. There's a flight to Manitoba that needs to be booked but I don't know why I'm putting it off. 

At the library today a guy and a girl came and started studying what looked awfully like some dentistry books. The girl was sitting near me and when they got up to leave I saw her book and asked if they were dentists. They were and had given up on the exams and were instead training to become hygienists now. I nodded sheepishly. 

I have some theology, religion and philosophy questions that need a lot of research and I'm planning to do all that at the library after my exam and the business course exams in December. 

*

The ending of season 2 of the diplomat was wild!

No comments:

To hurrying slowly.

Talks with Mamoo scare me. During the latest, he argued that all religion is basically man made, prophets were just great philosophers and t...