Saturday, October 1, 2022

One Swallow doesn't make a Summer.

I was reading back my blog the other day from when I resumed two years back and I could feel what blog me was going through based on the stories I was telling. Mostly though, my darkest periods were when I was isolated at home and studying for the exam, time after time. Looking back, I'm relieved that at least that's over with. Done and dusted. Just something to add after my name since I haven't figured out how to use it practically yet

Hungry for love. One of the assistants just offered me another cup of tea and I've accepted even though it's almost time to leave and our team isn't batting too well. She also said my new glasses look better than the old ones. Fat mosquitoes flying around in the reception so I've sprayed underneath all the chairs and put my good mask on. 

Submitted the potential job applications and taxes in the morning. Need to finalize insurance and the other job application next week. Need to figure out my plan for the next year besides just waiting and watching. 

Being absolutely carefree is a luxury that few have. I suppose adulthood and responsibilities are firmly entwined but things like having a stable job and career path are a huge relief. So is having a house and family. So is having savings and backup plans.

We're playing better now. Iftikhar just hit a six. I'm at the clinic all day tomorrow. A's not happy about it.

I'm thankful for the people who make me slow down and reflect.      

Before I could hit publish, a seven year old kid came with severe pain just as we were about to close. Spent half an hour explaining to them that taking it out was not the only solution. The next half hour bargaining with the kid. The next twenty seconds for actually extracting the tooth. Lost the match, meanwhile. 

Came back home to open the bedroom door, pitch dark, stepping in quietly and then hearing Abbbbaaaa. She couldn't sleep. A was pretending to be asleep, which is a strategy which actually works sometimes. So I lied down and pretended to sleep too for around half an hour after which we gave up and decided to have dinner. Some Downton after she finally fell asleep. I feel like the first watch is just to know the story and the second time around you can really savour it. 

A thinks I'm eating too much peanut butter and has refused to order any more for me. Time to get ready for a full day at clinic and take my lunch with me. Such is life. 

No comments:

To hurrying slowly.

Talks with Mamoo scare me. During the latest, he argued that all religion is basically man made, prophets were just great philosophers and t...