Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Snow Moon.

February has been kind for people, us included. Our forever hopefulness paid off and we got invited for a way we never thought was possible and is almost a sure shot with the only catch being having to spend significantly more upfront than what we had bargained for. For now, we're playing it safe and starting the paperwork but we also want to wait till we can to see if the regular way is possible too. I've learnt so much about the whole process during this past year that I feel I could open my own firm now. Whenever I post a query in online groups I start getting messages from other people asking me for help. The funniest (saddest?) was a guy from Karachi who'd also completed his fcps and had found the right girl according to the points he needed for getting away. I'm scared of the process though. There's a lot to be done and so much could go wrong along the way. We've got an unplanned development too. It's already started getting tough. But we're braving it.

A sits her IELTS again today. Funny having to prove that you haven't forgotten a language after two years. A lot hangs on her score now and she's prepared well. I dropped her off, ran a couple of errands and still got to the clinic an hour before time so I tidied up the car, got air for the tyres, topped up the coolant and now here I am, waiting for my 11 a.m. She's an old lady with many problems so she only gets one filling done at a time and she needs about twenty. 

Speaking of patients, it's the second time now that a patient has started telling me their story during treatment and started crying. This week it was the elderly gyno from overseas who's just moved back and burst into tears saying that the songs playing reminded her of her daughter . Early twenties and stage four. Recently married and a kid. I did my best while pushing back my own tears. I saw a post on Instagram that said the best question to ask here is to ask the person how they processed their grief or what helped them get through it and they'll tell you about it and start feeling a little better. 

For R, I'm just trying to be a good friend without infringing boundaries. It's like walking a tight rope and I hope I'm able to do it justice. 

Time to go watch some Cunk on Earth. A doesn't get why I find it funny but I do.

No comments:

To hurrying slowly.

Talks with Mamoo scare me. During the latest, he argued that all religion is basically man made, prophets were just great philosophers and t...