Thursday, October 26, 2023

Adios Ancaster.

Ever had work-place stress that made you go up to the manager in the middle of the day and tell her that you're done and never coming back again?

Admittedly, she was caught by surprise. And I was already out the back door (slammed it in the face of the owner who by now had begun to realize his mistake and was half-uttering an apology) and starting my car. I was shaking so bad with anger that I knew I couldn't drive off so I rolled down the window. She wanted to know what happened. I could only just shake my head. Eventually I told her to ask the other doctor who had partially witnessed it and that I couldn't talk right now. But I don't want you to drive off in this state, she says. The owner calls her back. I start driving off. Thankfully the roads are clear. 

I debated stopping by at P's but couldn't even do that. I'd calmed down enough to stop shaking but what I didn't know could also happen was this pain in my stomach, as if I was about to burst an ulcer. Which, I figured out eventually was almost exactly that so now I'm watching my coffee and stress and have become best friends with tums.

I thought about suing them. I thought about how different people could be. The sane guy had come over to me, patted me on the back and said, I realize you're leaving us because you have things to do in life and I wish you the best of luck. And then there's this guy, leveraging passive aggressive at me, pushing me to react and whatnot. P called me the next day when she heard about it and that's when it became clear. He was trying to shake me so to give up the exam and keep working. You have got to be a whole lot of evil to even think like that. And here I was, trying to be nice to them, working for them even after technically they asked me to resign, just to save them the extra cost of hiring a temp. 

The drive up to work was just turning into the perfect fall colours. Anyways, that's done and dusted. That's three months I learned a lot from. The focus now is the exam, also three months to go. Twelve hour study days at the library. 7 days a week. We'll burn the other bridges when we get to them. 

No comments:

To hurrying slowly.

Talks with Mamoo scare me. During the latest, he argued that all religion is basically man made, prophets were just great philosophers and t...